Click here for full information on our Community Energy Plan including details on our Community Renewable Energy Project.
Opportunities identified by the group
- Developer Led Renewable Energy Project in area – 2 Solar Farms.
- Auction under RESS 2 – June 2020, Delivery 2022.
- Mandatory Community Benefit Fund: Set at €2MWh.
- Distribution as follows:
- 25% paid to households within a certain distance.
- 50% Paid to Community Groups whose aim is Energy projects and climate action initiates
- 20% to Clubs, Societies (not for profit groups) etc.
- 5% Administration Costs
- Two Grid Connections will be provided 1 each Spancilhill and Knockanoura.
- Community Led Renewable Energy Project.
- First Community Owned Project is Templederry Community Power – 2 Turbines x 2.3 MW.
- National Grid Connection in 07, Selling Electricity 11.
- 2 Turbines, income per year €1 – €1.2Million.
SEAI Grant Awarded
The group was awarded a grant of €10,000 awarded to the Group by the SEAI in relation to the development of the proposed Energy Master Plan.